RE-MOVE Project – Shoes from the Ocean

It’s no secret that our oceans are filled with plastic. What might come as a surprise, is that what we see floating around, and contaminating beautiful beaches all over the world, accounts for only 25% of the ocean’s plastic. It is estimated that the remaining 75% are in the bottom of the sea.

Out of the 8.3 billion of tons of plastic that Humanity produced, 4.6 billion tons was never recycled and lies in land fields, polluting Nature, and harming both animal and our lives.

The water we drink has micro plastics in it. Looking at this as a Nature’s problem, as if it’s not our concern, as if it doesn’t affect us, isn’t possible anymore. Understanding that we are one with Nature has never been so urgent. Saving the planet means saving ourselves.

Yes, this is scary, indeed a tragedy. However, we humans are resourceful, creative creatures with a lot of love to give. We have the power to turn things around, stop consuming plastic, and invest in good quality commodities, that will last long and won’t harm any ecosystems.

Technology has made it possible for us to live a sustainable life, and access all the information we need, so that we can thrive in harmony with every living being.

Moreover, tools have been developed to clean the oceans and transform trash into fabulous pieces. We must use technology to produce the sustainable dream!

We have already produced more than enough plastic to make every human life super comfortable. Now we can stop production, and start to upcycle and recycle all that waste that is destroying our Home.

With this in mind, we decided to design shoes that could actually clean the Oceans.

RE-MOVE, is the name of our brand new collection, that wants to offer you the chance to buy a beautiful and comfortable pair of sneakers made out of the plastic waste that is lying around in our Oceans.

The plastic is taken out of the sea, and turned into a resistant cool fabric!

Your brand new sneakers are 100% made from recycled PET, lined with 100% recyclable OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified microfiber. And how were they manufactured? In a free CO2 emissions system of course! Not forgetting that they are hypoallergenic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, so that you don’t smell from your lovely feet.

To top it off nicely, the magic happened in Portugal, in a fair work environment.

The sneakers are named after the river Nilo and Ganges, to honor two of the most polluted rivers in the world. They come in Black, Grey, Dark Blue and Red, which makes them perfect for any sustainable outfit. ⠀

Plastic is an outdate, boring old news. We don’t need to produce any more of it! We need to take the plastic that is polluting our planet and put it to a good use. Our future depends on it.

We would love to know your opinion, and how you feel about quitting plastic. We know it’s no easy task!

Have a beautiful day,

NAE

Did you like this blog post? Share it on your favorite social network and don't forget to follow us.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *